Saturday, August 10, 2013

Arrival in Bulgaria

Hello World!  First and foremost I would like to welcome you all to my blog.  I hope to use this as a journal of my travels and my teaching experiences in and around Bulgaria.  For one year, I will be teaching English literature to 11th an 12th graders as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant.  I have been placed in Yambol, Bulgaria, a town of 60,000 people situated in the south-eastern corner of the country.  I am also writing this blog so that my friends and family can follow my adventures.  Thus, I invite comments and questions always!

Lane and I landed in Sofia after several hours of flying.  We travelled from Lincoln, Nebraska, then to Chicago.  A little over seven hours later, we landed in Frankfurt, Germany.  Our friend Niko met us at the airport, and rather than spend our layover in uncomfortable chairs, we took a train into the city and walked around Frankfurt.

Now, we are safely in Sofia!  More on that in my next post!
Alexander Nevski Cathedral.  Built in the late 19th and
early 20th centuries in tribute to those who helped free
Bulgaria from the Ottomans.


No comments:

Post a Comment